cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3 "User Access Filtered" error ???

andrew_ho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a group of wireless AP running WDS, all authentications (infrastructure and clients) are done with a Cisco ACS 3.3 which is separated by a Checkpoint firewall. Everything was working fine until recently I relocated all the APs to a different VLAN. The only change is the IP of the APs, no change to the ACS, proper rules are created on the firewall. All authentications are now failed even with the same credentials and the Autentication Failure Code in ACS is "User Access Filtered". No "Network Access Restrictions" has ever configured on ACS, why ACS is giving this error code? Looking at the log of the ACS, the only thing different is that all requests now come from a high "NAS-Port" >80000. Anyone has a clue? Thanks.

Andrew

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I think "User Access Filtered" message always means that a Network Access Restriction (NAR) has been configured either in the user or group settings that are blocking the user from accessing the network through the device they are connecting to. This error also may occur when the TACACS+ and the RADIUS NAS use the same IP address.

Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_white_paper09186a00801a8fd0.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: