Replies

cisco2811

mel.farhat
Level 1
Level 1

can not read compact flash card

cannot open flash

6 Replies 6

If you have eject CF(compact Flash) while operations ,this may corrupt CF .If your router is On and operation ,than do not switch OFF your router ,it will run in rommon mode.Try using other working CF ,if it works, otherwise buy new CF from cisco.i hope you have already take backup of your IOS .

I will have to by new CF from Cisco.

Thanks

Yes ,if it is corrupted.Only you need to find the compatible CF for your router,it is not necessary to buy CF from cisco only.Thrid party Cf are also available ,but find the compatiblity first.

Is the CF married to the router, so if i by a new CF will it work with my existing router.

CF is not married and do not need the bought from Cisco. You will find that the in general, memory bought from cisco, is very very expensive.

it can be a bug too if this happned after restarting the router.. i recieved this advisory on 3rd July 07

FW: Updated Cisco Field Notice: FN - 62573 - Routers (AS5350XM, AS5400XM, C180X, C181X, C1841, IAD2400, C2691, C2800NM, C2801, C3725, C3745, C3800, VG224) Unable to Read CF

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/univgate/ps501/products_field_notice09186a008082da01.shtml

hope that helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco