Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-Soft-Phone and MS Communicator 2005

romann000
Level 1
Level 1

Dear SIRS,

we use the IP-Softphone from Cisco for our internal VOIP-Communication between 2 offices. It works great.

But additionally we would use the MS-Communicator 2005 for application-sharing. When i try to get a application free, the MS-Communicator means, that one other applikation use this function at the same time. I think that's the IP-Soft-Phone, that use the same ports as the MS-Communicator 2005?

It is possible to use the 2 applications at the same time? IP-Soft-Phone for VOIP and Communicator for app-sharings?

Thanks for all answers in advance

BR

Roland

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't think that any application will confict with IP communicator, as it uses 2000, not 2005.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't think that any application will confict with IP communicator, as it uses 2000, not 2005.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Mr. Bevilacqua ,

you're right. I found the failure why it doesn't work:

In the IP-Softphone-Options you can activate the collaboration for a virtual conference-room or collab with net-meeting. i had use the option with the virtual root and for testing with net-meeting, but you must disable all. And then you can work with booth applikations!

Thanks for help.

BR from Germany

Roland

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: