Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS Bandwidth Test between 2 WAN Sites

mdargin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an MPLS network and a circuit that is 1.5 Mbps. I do not believe that I am receiving the full 1.5 Mbps speed on my WAN circuit. I want to complete a test on my own to determine the bandwdith on this circuit. I want to make sure that I am getting the full 1.5 Mbps on this circuit.

How can I test this myself? The site that I would like to test has a 2811 router and the head end router is a 7206 router. Are there any routing commands that I can use to complete this test or is there some software that is free that I can use to test this?

Thanks you for any response, Have a Great Day

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can try installing a network monitoring software which can gather you details about the bandwidth usage on the interface connected to the MPLS Domain.

You can do a download/upload using between your locations and try to find out whether you are able to use upto the bandwidth.

Try doing FTP upload/download from the head end and try to find out whether you are able to flex upto the subscribed limite.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card