Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and L2TP auth problem

marcin.mazurek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up ASA with L2tp.I use it with IPSEC without a problem for l2l and ra. I want to add a tunnel-group with L2TP protocol. Everything seems to be fine, logs says Phase1 and Phase2 complated but it seems like user can't authenticate:

Jul 09 15:53:17 [IKEv1]: Group = lt2p-grp, IP = 172.18.13.115, No valid authentication type found for the tunnel group

I authenticate users to local database, (MSCHAP) option enabled, same in user group.

Any hint what thhis message means?

regards

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

This document contains the most common solutions to IPSec VPN problems. These solutions come directly from service requests that the TAC have solved. Many of these solutions can be implemented prior to the in-depth troubleshooting of an IPSec VPN connection. As a result, this document is presented as a checklist of common procedures to try before you begin to troubleshoot a connection and call the TAC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: