Helpful
Replies

CSS Compression

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I've the following scenario:

Box-to-Box implementation and SSL Termination, on 2 CSS 11501S-C, with SW Version 08.10.1.06.

What i need is compress the "Java" data type of all data on the content "Tst.Aplj".

Correct me if im wrong :

As i could understand, the compression is made by a file extensions, and content types. (Cisco Content Services Switch SSL Configuration Guide, Page 9-2)

What should be better for me, if i want to compress Java when it passthrough the CSS.

Could u give me a example, please.

I have the following configuration:

****** SERVICE ******

service MODSSL

slot 2

type ssl-accel

keepalive type none

add ssl-proxy-list ssl1

active

service esl0008

ip address 10.1.1.190

keepalive type http

keepalive uri "/"

keepalive port 80

active

service esl0019

ip address 10.1.1.174

keepalive type http

keepalive uri "/"

keepalive port 80

active

****** OWNER ******

content SSL-Tst.Aplj

vip address 10.1.2.134

add service MODSSL

application ssl

advanced-balance ssl

protocol tcp

port 443

url "/*"

redundancy-l4-stateless

active

content Tst.Aplj

vip address 10.1.2.134

protocol tcp

port 80

add service esl0019

add service esl0008

redundancy-l4-stateless

active

Best Regards,

Bruno Petr?nio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Compression is enabled in a service -- compress enable -- that covers all the default types of traffic that is subect to compression as documented. If a service with compression is in a content rule that gets hit, then compression will be attempted. You can have multiple services with the same ip with one not using compression while the other one does.

If you want to fine-tune what gets compressed, then you would use a L5 rule with something like a eql (extension qualifier list). If you only want to compress Javascript, then your eql would contain "js". If you organize all your JS in a directory of the root of the web server (like we do) called /java, then you can just use a L5 rule that uses 'url "/java/*" to match instead of the eql. JS is an excellent candidate for compression.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Could any one give me an example of compression on file extensions ?

Best Regards,

Petr?nio

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Compression is enabled in a service -- compress enable -- that covers all the default types of traffic that is subect to compression as documented. If a service with compression is in a content rule that gets hit, then compression will be attempted. You can have multiple services with the same ip with one not using compression while the other one does.

If you want to fine-tune what gets compressed, then you would use a L5 rule with something like a eql (extension qualifier list). If you only want to compress Javascript, then your eql would contain "js". If you organize all your JS in a directory of the root of the web server (like we do) called /java, then you can just use a L5 rule that uses 'url "/java/*" to match instead of the eql. JS is an excellent candidate for compression.

Many Thanks for ur very excelent contribut for my knoledge.

Best Regards,

Bruno Petr??nio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: