cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interference threshold violated

da.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I can't find a string about it. I am getting this minor alarm and really want it to go away...

AP 'AP3:2', interface '802.11b/g' on Controller '10.60.1.144'. Interference threshold violated.

How do I adjust the level to get those to stop? Do I adjust the numeric level up or down? I think the default is 10 and I have just changed it to 15 on the controller. Is that the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

3 Replies 3

wduensing
Level 1
Level 1

Let me know what you find out on this, because I see it frequently.

becca1jane
Level 1
Level 1

You did make that adjustment in the correct direction - the 10 (or now 15) is the percentage of interference threshold before the AP sends an alert to the controller.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I actually ended up adjusting the percentage to 18% in order to get that minor alarm to stop reoccurring. Our Wireless network is what I consider to be fairly large with about 400 access points and all 8 VLAN's are active. From what I have read, multiple VLAN's can contribute to these alarms, so it is just a matter of finding the right value to prevent them. In our case 15% was good but 18% stopped all of them.

Thanks again.

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card