cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interference threshold violated

da.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I can't find a string about it. I am getting this minor alarm and really want it to go away...

AP 'AP3:2', interface '802.11b/g' on Controller '10.60.1.144'. Interference threshold violated.

How do I adjust the level to get those to stop? Do I adjust the numeric level up or down? I think the default is 10 and I have just changed it to 15 on the controller. Is that the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

3 Replies 3

wduensing
Level 1
Level 1

Let me know what you find out on this, because I see it frequently.

becca1jane
Level 1
Level 1

You did make that adjustment in the correct direction - the 10 (or now 15) is the percentage of interference threshold before the AP sends an alert to the controller.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I actually ended up adjusting the percentage to 18% in order to get that minor alarm to stop reoccurring. Our Wireless network is what I consider to be fairly large with about 400 access points and all 8 VLAN's are active. From what I have read, multiple VLAN's can contribute to these alarms, so it is just a matter of finding the right value to prevent them. In our case 15% was good but 18% stopped all of them.

Thanks again.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card