cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW-LMS-3.0-5K-K9 - installable on a single Windows box?

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just wanted to confirm that CW-LMS-3.0-5K-K9 (5000 devices) can be installed on a single standalone Windows server box. I've seen some documents which indicates that it requires a multi-server environment. The box I'm thinking of is a dual proc (3.0) w/ 4 gigs of ram.

-Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should definitely go with the 5K license price-wise. You can install all the applications on the same server. You just cannot manage more than 3000 per application on this server (which won't be an issue given the aforementioned numbers).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this cannot be done on a single server. A server that will run the full bundle is called a Solution Server, and it is limited to 3000 per application. To support 5000 devices per application, you will need to install each app on a separate machine

If I wanted to run LMS 3.0 as a solution server to manage at most 2000 - 2500 devices, which license would I need to get?

1 CWLMS-3.0-5K-K9 license?

Or can the licenses be used cumulatively? So could I get 2 CWLMS-3.0-1.5K-K9 licenses to support 3000 devices?

You should definitely go with the 5K license price-wise. You can install all the applications on the same server. You just cannot manage more than 3000 per application on this server (which won't be an issue given the aforementioned numbers).

Cut from Questions and Answers:

"Please note that for solution servers running all products of the LMS 3.0 suite, the maximum scalability limit is

3,000 devices with the indicated hardware requirements configured with 8 GB RAM memory and 16 GB swap

space."

You need to add 4GB RAM extra to your server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco