cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Air-1121g-a-k9 will not load Ios from tftp

garylash8016
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP that when i hold the mode button for 20-30 sec it will request the c1100-k9w7-tar.default file from my tftp server but will not load it. I have tried to reboot computer(maybe the tftp server has a problem: closed and restarted server didnt help.)

since the 1121g does not have a con port and no ios i cant see what the boot loader is doing. i do get leds. red-green-red, which indicates there is no valid image. so i come full circle again. wont load the ios from the tftp server. Is this bad flash? Oyea this unit worked before i sent it to a customer. did they do something to it?

5 Replies 5

mpatalberta1
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the file size is not larger than 32mb. If it is then you need a tftp 32 mega or larger to support.

the file is only 4.5mb. the tftp server (Klever's Pumpkin tftp) is getting the request but the file is not getting to the AP.

Thought it was my tftp server but have been using it on other units all day.

Did the customer turn it into a light weight accesss point.

I dont think so. there doesnt seem to be any IOS on the AP at all. indicated by the RED-Green-Red LEDs.

I dont think so. there doesnt seem to be any IOS on the AP at all. indicated by the RED-Green-Red LEDs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: