I am going to upgrade our ACS system from ACS 3.2 to ACS 4.1 appliance. Our current ACS is a Dell system running Windows 2000 server on both systems. I have a few questions.
1. Is there a problem from going from a 3.2 standalone (?) system to a 4.1 appliance? I am aware that I need to upgrade to 3.3 first.
2. Has anyone tried to rename the new acs devices that same name and IP address as the previous devices? Did you experience problems?
3. Is tehre any lessons learned? We are going to try and clean out the database as much as possible.
4. About how long did the upgrade take? I mean, was it 2 or 3 hours?
1). No there is no problem in migrating from acs windows to acs appliance.
2). Yes, you can keep the same name and IP address of acs appliance as you had it on acs windows.
3). Just make sure that you have a latest backup fom acs windows 3.2, just to be on safe side, incase somethin goes wrong.
4) On an average not more then 30 mins.
Hope that helps !