Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about message filters

Hi,

I've a question about the message filter. Is it possible to use
alt-mailhost() in combination with $RemoteIP? I have to send some outgoing mails to the ironport appliance for virus checks, and then send them back to the sending mailserver. I know that it sounds stupid, but I must do it really in such a way...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Axel

4 Replies 4

One way would be to:

1. create a msg filter that adds the source ip address as an x-header via CLI command 'filters->new'

ADD-SOURCE-IP:
if (true)
{
insert-header('X-ip', '$RemoteIP');
}

Then commit filter.

2. Use a content filter to look for X-header value to then to use altmailhost to send back to the correct MTA.

Hope this helps...

I already thought somtething like this. But how can I use the header value in the contentfilter gui!? I can't use variables in the "Send to alternate destination host" action.

xame_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Have you got a lot of MTA?

Because you can create one rule by MTA...

Example:

In message filter:
verylongbloke sayed how do that...

and in content filter:
rule1: if (header("X-IP") == "^1.1.1.1$") { alt-mailhost ("[1.1.1.1]"); }
rule1: if (header("X-IP") == "^1.1.1.2$") { alt-mailhost ("[1.1.1.2]"); }

It's not very sexy but it works fine...

unfortunately, we can't use variable for alt-mailhost action... or I don't know how :)

regards..

Thats not a solution for me :-(
I've about 600 MTAs to manage, and the IPs can change. It's no problem for me, to store the IPs in a LDAP directory.
I need a solution that either alt-mailhost allows variables or that I'm able to route the mails via LDAP with the 'From' address as search key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: