Block Malicious Calls (CCM4.1)

Unanswered Question
Jul 9th, 2007

Does Callmanager have a feature to block malicious calls,based on the calling number? If the answer is yes, how can I do the settings?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.8 (4 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Mon, 07/09/2007 - 23:25

Do you mean internal Calls or Calls from PSTN?

which Gateway Protocol are you using: h323 or MGCP?

johnson_cheng Tue, 07/10/2007 - 06:43

Thanks a lot.But as far as I know,this feature just send an alarm or a notification.Is this feature able to block a call?

jbarcena Tue, 07/10/2007 - 06:48

Correct, this feature flags teh call in the call detail record database and instructs the gateway to send a message to the public switched telephone network, allowing the service provider to take appropriate action. MCID is supported only on NET5 switches and must be enabled by the service provider.

//Jorge

kdotten36 Tue, 07/10/2007 - 08:10

it's not easy, but i did it, even though I was informed it was not possible. you can't do it from callmanager, you have to involve your gateway/router.

1. create a translation-rule for matching patterns (the number you want to block)

2. create a translation-profile and add the rule(s) to it.

3. assign the translation-profile to the dial-peer for all your incoming calls.

I guess it does depend on what router you use as to how the commands go, i use a 3825. if you have trouble figuring it out, i can try to lay out some commands for you.

mchandak Tue, 07/10/2007 - 08:16

Here you are actually doing it on the Gateway (H323 Gateway specifically). This has always been possible. But having CallManager based on the Calling Number, is not possible as of now.

kdotten36 Tue, 07/10/2007 - 08:31

...just as i said. thanks for clarifying. but it gets the job done and that's what he wants to do, right?

johnson_cheng Tue, 07/10/2007 - 19:27

Thank you so much!Guys.Doing this by H323 Gateway is acceptable.Could you pls give me a configuration example? It will help me have a better understanding.

kdotten36 Wed, 07/11/2007 - 05:21

config t

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /##########/

rule 2 reject /##########/

*where #s is the numbers or patterns you're blocking

config t

voice translation-profile call_block

translate incoming 1 (the 1 references the collection of translation-rules)

config t

here conigure your incoming call dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1 voip (check the running-config if you're not sure what yours is)

call-block translation-profile incoming call_block

that should be it, let me know if you run into any snags.

mchandak Fri, 07/20/2007 - 11:45

No, there is no way to do this with MGCP. With MGCP, the control is still with CM and Cm does not support routing based on Calling Number, to block calls using Calling Party Number, you have to move to H323.That is the only option available as of now

Aaron Dhiman Thu, 09/13/2007 - 10:58

If you want to block DNIS, it is easily done from the CallManager:

Create a Route Pattern that matches what DNIS you want to block, then set it to "Block this Pattern".

Aaron Dhiman Thu, 09/13/2007 - 11:19

Yes, you can still do that. You just need to apply the "call-block" to the inbound dial-peer, not your outbound peer:

voice translation-rule 101

rule 1 reject /9xxxxxxxxxx/

voice translation-profile TEST-BLOCK

translate called 101

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

call-block translation-profile incoming TEST-BLOCK

Actions

This Discussion