Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CCM Connected to Extreme Switch and IP Phones Connected to Cisco3560

Hi,

We have a strange scenario out here, the customer has an existing LAN Infrastructure with Extreme Switches and even the Server Farm Switch is Extreme. He wants to connect the Call Manager to Server Farm Switch and Extreme Core Switch will connect to the Cisco Catalyst 3560 PoE Switch (for IP Phones) as an 802.1q Trunk.

The InterVLAN Routing is done by the Extreme Switch, I would like to get some suggestions for this scenario.

Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Not to sure as to what kind of a suggestion you are looking for. From the information given above this should work without any issue, considering the phones would be off Cisco Switches. The phones should be able to get Voice VLAN info from the Cisco Switch and if InterVLAN/Layer 3 Routing between the Voice VLAN and the VLAN which has CallManager work, there shouldn't be any problem.

If there is something that you were looking for and is not included in the msg above, please post it here

Hi Chandak,

Technically yes this should work, in the past I had a similar experience wherein the Core Switch was a Nortel Switch and CCM was connected to the Nortel Switch, all the Access Switches were Cisco Swithes, the Phones were unable to register to the CCM inspite of CCM being reacheable from the Cisco Switch, during this troubleshooting, Cisco had recommended to connect the CCM to Cisco Switches. My query here is, has anyone tried connecting the CCM to a different vendor switch and IP Phones to a Cisco Switch and has the solution worked?

Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Sriharshaa,

I suspect CDP may well have a big hand to play in these issues. We all know that CCM communicates with endpoints using CDP and of course Catalysts switches also use FLP to detect PoE requirements and CDP for Vlan ID.

Ajaz

Hi,

I did also suspect the same thing and thatz is the reason why I have put my query on Netpro. We had couple of problems when we used third party switch at the Core and Cisco Switch at the Access.

Anyway I will do it myself and comeback to Forum with an answer whether it will work or not...

Thanks for the participation...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: