Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560 Switch Does Not Boot Auto Need to manual Boot

ssatishh08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I came across this strange scenario where in the Cisco Switch 3560 does not boot automatically after reset or reload but when i force to switch to go to password recovery mode i mean Switch: mode and give boot command then the switch boots fine

Please throw some light on this, I tried to upgrade the switch IOS also IOS now persent on the switch is c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB2.bin

4 Replies 4

ssatishh08
Level 1
Level 1

just an update about my query ......

in fact if left unattended after reload or reset switch boots after approx 15 minutes ...

can you giys please gimme explaination why does it take soooooo loonngggg boot the switch.

They are very slow to boot specially if you have multiple switches in a stack . Not much you can do about it other than to reload on off hours. Part of the problem is the slow process of electing a stackmaster and then the boot diagnostics also take a long time . This is something cisco should work on , i have read some competitors boot in like a minute or 2 .

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please try adding this line "boot system flash:flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin".

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

thanks for speedy reply mohammmed, but i have already given this command

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: