cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a set of phones that are in a calling search space that allows them to make local/on campus calls and 800 calls.

I copied the 800 Route Pattern and changed it to a 888 Route Pattern with 9.1888xxxxxxx and put it in the same partition as the 800 Route Pattern. The phones in the CSS can not make a call to an 888 # but can call an 800 #. Is there some thing else I need to do.

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

This may sound like a stupid question but did you remember to check the "Route this Pattern" checkbox?

Rob

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

If you have copied the RP, then you dont need to do anything except for changing the Match Pattern, but incase this was created new, then you need to ensure that the Gateway/Route List is the same, and the Discard digits under Called Party Transformations are the same as the 800 pattern if the same Gateway would be used.

Also, the Gateway that you have is it H.323 or MGCP. If this is an H.323 Gateway, then you would need a dial-peer also that CM can match.

If none of the above solve the issue, then can you let us know if you hear the re-oder tone before you complete dialing the digits or after you finish it.

The Route Pattern was copied from the 800# Route Pattern that currently works with all the settings the same. All that is changed is the description and the Route Pattern which is: 9.1888XXXXXXX. The radio button is selected for "Route this Pattern"

One more than one occassion, I've had to click "Update" once the route patterns was inserted after a copy in order for the pattern to be recognized.

Go through the configs line by line to see that they match (except for pattern) and then click the update button on the 888 config even if you have not made any changes.

The other thing to worry about is external calling mask. Toll free numbers are notoriously picky about this. Perhaps the 800 numbers are more forgiving then 888 numberS?

Just some thoughts.

As soon as you press the second 8 in the 888 # you get a fast busy. I have verified everything to be the same as the 800# so it should work fine.

Ok, if you are getting a fast busy on the 2nd *, then CM does not treat this Route Pattern to be available. Try deleting this one and adding it again.

Also, remember that when this is done, the Gateway would be automatically reset, once when the Route Pattern is deleted and once when you add it, so you might want to do it during off production hours

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

create a dial-peer on the router that sends calls to the pstn...

for example

dial-peer voice 888 pots

destination-pattern 1888.......

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits all

of course this depends on what kind of router you have.

I have attached a screen shot of the 800# route pattern that works and the 888# route pattern that does not work.

I have attached the css that the phones in trouble use

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

you could be hitting a different route pattern when you are dialing this. Try to go to router plan report and do a search for 9.18 and see how many RP you are coming up with.

HTH

From config vise, this does look good and as Jason mentioned, looks like you are hitting another Route Pattern which might be blocking this call. Incase you are unable to find the other Router Pattern, can you collect Detailed CCM Traces as mentioned at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml and attach it to the case along with the Calling and Called Number

I did a route plan report and it comes back with three route patterns. One for the 800#, 866# and 888#. They are all identicle except for 9.1800XXXXXXX, 9.1866XXXXXXX and 9.1888XXXXXXX. All use the same Partition.

your best bet is to post the traces as these will show what route pattern you are hitting without a doubt.

Jason

Document invalid or empty

could not do "Trace Analysis"

I did it for today. Can you not get it for the same day? I set things up in the trace configuration and then went to look at the collection and come up with no info.

if you are having hard time setting up the traces, use DNA (http://ip/dna) to see exactly what happen when you dial 888 and which CSS is hit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: