Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation of outgoing call in a VOIP Dialpeer

alvin1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm getting this very peculiar problem which only happens to my voip dialpeers, my pots dialpeers seems to be fine. Here's the configuration:

voice translation-rule 60

rule 1 /^\*85/ /9/

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

translate-outgoing called 60

destination-pattern *85T

session target ipv4:10.10.10.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

when I dial *8596600011, my other peering VG 10.10.10.1 will receive the voip incoming call with called number *8596600011 when i "debug voice ccapi inout". Is this correct? can the translation work for voip dialpeers so that i can strip the "*85" character?

Another question which may be related: If the translation for my outgoing voip call doesn't work, is there a way on the peering VG to create a dialpeer for incoming call to strip the "*85" so that the remaining number will be matched by the destination-pattern of another dial-peer and get the call to be thrown to pots?

All herlp greatly appreciated

Alvin

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alvin,

please try:

voice translation-profile strip85

translate called 60

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

no translate-outgoing called 60

translation-profile outgoing strip85

To match and strip on incoming DP:

dial-peer voice 999 voip

incoming called-number ^*85T

translation-profile incoming strip85

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi p.bevilacqua

thanx for your prompt reply, I've tried what you've suggested, but at the other VG, I'm still getting *85......... sent by the VG that is doing the outgoing translation profile. I'm running 4.0(3) on both VG. As for the incoming match and strip, no go either.. My strategy is that if the 1st VG fails to strip the outgoing voip call of the *85, the incoming VG can detect it and strip the *85 then with the remaining number automatically match with the other dial-peers with matching destination-pattern and get thrown into the pots. Now the only way i can get it to work is at the incoming VG, setup a dialpeer for pots to detect *85 and strip it and then throw to pots. This is a different approach to the strip the *85 with an incoming dialpeer then throw to other dial-peer. The dial-peer configuration for the working pots:

dial-peer voice 999 pots

destination-pattern *85T

translation profile outgoing strip85

port 0/0/0:15

Hi Alvin,

this is strange, translations should work.

Note if you apply the translation at the POTS DP, the translation may not even be necessary, because by default DP POTS strips the matched digits in destination-pattern. And you can add a "prefix" if needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: