cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 Certificate

amjbmr808
Level 1
Level 1

When I go to login to my controller I get a certificate warning. How can I get rid of this?

Also, how can I see what version of software I am running on the controller and what version should I be running?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To get rid of the certificate error, you need to download to the controller a 3rd party trusted certificate from Verisign, RapidSSL, etc. If you gui into the controller the monitor page will show you what version you have. The most stable version that I was told is 4.0.179.11.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

4.0.179.11 is very stable for me but is still prone to security vulnerbilities. I am staging 4.1.171.0 and so far it seems to be working pretty good.

The most problems I have been seeing (with any code) comes from APs that have been converted to LWAPP. Those that come as factory LWAPP seem to be trouble free.

Would this also apply for WebAuth clients? Is it the same certificate or a different one?

The reason why I ask is because of the 'hostname' or 'CN' fields. For just logging into the server it would have to be the WCS' hostname, right? (ie. wcs.domain.com)

How about for the WebAuth? Should it be under the same domain name? keeping in mind that it's actually a redirect to a virtual IP (in this case, 1.1.1.1) that is showing up as the 'hostname'.

I'm having some issues where, because of how IE7.0 handles certificates, untrusted ones seem to be causing random disconnects/prompts to re-authenticate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: