cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity 4.1 messages are unavailable recording

anthonypacheco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have one user affected. Anytime you call his line and get voicemail it says your messages are unavailable now. I even assigned him a new number and re-created the account with no resolution. any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

This sounds like it could be a permissions problem. Go into AD and highlight the domain ther user resides in. Then right click the domain go under view and select advanced features. From here find the user in question and right click on it. Go to security click on the advanced tab. Make sure that the allow inheritable permissions from parent is checked.

Please rate helpfull post

Hi, I have the same problem however the number of users is slightly more. I've tried the tasks above however the box is ticked so still no joy. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've run into this a couple of times myself; one account seems to be having trouble with Unity, everyone else's account is running fine. It always comes down to an admin who thinks they're securing their Exchange account by pruning permissions (I have one client who does this repeatedly). This is very likely a permissions issue. If attempting to set the permissions back to normal doesn't work, you may want to resort to creating another account for them and move their Exchange mail to it after you've qualified that it works. I know, it sucks.

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

Thanks for the information, you wouldn't happen to recall what permissions it was that were causing the problems? There are quite a lot under each user.

Thanks,

Ashley

Yes, I know, believe me :) I've always managed to fix my particular situations by checking the "Allow inheritable permissions" box under Security for the AD object. You can look at the permissions under Exchange Advanced->Mailbox Rights which should have the Unity Directory Service, Unity Installation, and Unity Message Store Service accounts configured. Speaking strictly from a time perspective, if these two things don't work, I would have them back up their email to a .pst, rebuild the AD/Exchange object and let whoever off with a warning.

Please rate this post if it helps.

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: