cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

851W - Wireless reset (Factory Defaults)

Andre Toms
Level 1
Level 1

OK I goofed up the wireless config and now need to reset to factory default (or whatever CISCO calls it).

Is there a way to reset JUST the wireless config?

I don't want to loose all the VPN and L2L config.

PLEASE HELP before I go cRaZy!i!i

1 Reply 1

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think there is any way to erase only wireless part.

You can take a back up VPN config and once router is back to default just paste back the VPN part !

This is how you can reset it.

Q. What is the use of the reset button on Cisco 870 and 850 Series routers?

A. The reset button is used to restore the router to the default factory settings if pressed within 5 seconds of router power up. In line with this implementation, the following scenarios are possible:

? The router will not react to the reset button if pressed after the 5 seconds of power up.

? When the reset button is pressed within 5 seconds of boot up and there is no valid xxx.cfg file in the flash memory, the router boots up with the factory defaults.

? When the reset button is pressed within 5 seconds of boot up and there is a valid xxx.cfg file in the flash, the router boots up with the xxx.cfg file and avoids the startup-config file in NVRAM.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card