cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio0-802.11B Settings

vlad110226
Level 1
Level 1

I have four 1200 AP series installed and i found that their radio setting are set to 'disable' but weird things is, the software and hardware status is still up and i don't have any problem in the connectivity.

I have a backup unit and i checked the status of the radio settings, it is set to 'enable' when i tried to disable it, eventually my radio interface went down as expected. Please advise. i have attached the screenshot of one of the APs that i am talking to.

5 Replies 5

vassiliev
Level 1
Level 1

Excuse me,can you use CLI to shutdown the radio interface?!

yes i can use CLI to shutdown the radio interface and then when i viewed the radio interface via web access, it shows that it is disabled but when i activate it again using CLI, web access viewed for radio interface is UP but the "Disabled" button is is still ticked. Weird isnt it?

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

FYI: I have had similar experiences with the GUI, it seems to be related to Windows or somethig caching the WEB pages, you are viewing a cached page not the current status. Usually exiting the prowser and reconnecting to the AP will cause the page to display corectly. A pain but it works.

Bill

Hi Bill..first of all thank you for sharing..i did reconnect to my AP again and again but still the same..as i mentioned using CLI when i shutdown the radio interface, in web access it indeed shows that my radio is disabled..weird things is when i enable again using CLI, in web browser view it is now activated but the "Disable" button is still ticked.. hmmmnn anyway, there is no current issue on my AP, just curious..thanks again..

I think you need to refresh the web page, not just exit out of it and if it still shows incorrectly, you need to call Cisco and create a bug for it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card