cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Number ID & DN

warren.miller
Level 1
Level 1

I need to how to configure "external phone number mask" on a DN configuration but still have actual phone DN displayed on the 7912 (DN 1001-1004 per site). I do not want to have route patterns as I would need 2-3 per site (500+ sites).

I basically need to change the CLI for outbound calls, from our sites (3 phones to 1 number, 1 phone to another number) but maintain the display of the internal extension number on the 7912 handsets.

I use hunt pilot for the inbound number to ring the three handsets and fail to the forth.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

gajanan.pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Warren,

In the callmanager system guide for your CM version, look for " Understanding Route Plans ". In that look for Caller Identification & restriction. Inside that look for " calling party presentation & restriction settings".

This will give you a good clue. I will further look for a customized solution for your scenario.

Meantime, which is the CM version ?

Gajanan.

Thanks for that, I will look now. We are running 5.1

Warren,

Sounds like a good news. I found something very similar to your requirement.

Please have a look. Lemme know if it helps.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K16321203

Gajanan.

This is an issue with the number not actually appearing on the handset. This actually works on our but the display number on the handset I want as the DN for on site transfers only we have t following:

Partition - Site1_internal - DN 1001, 1002, 1003

They all need to call each other via the DN for that one site.

When they call any other site or the PSTN, I need them presented as a 0871 98????? (this is actually a full number, i.e. this site all phone call out on this number, not a mask as such) number, which is what the external phone number mask can be used for, I just do not want the external phone number mask displayed on the local phone.

We are using partitions on each site which allows us to have 1001 - Backoffice, 1002 - bar, 1003 - kitchen, the same on all remote sites.

Hope this make our problem clearer

hi warren,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue. I have the same problem and do not want the external phone number mask to appear on the IP handset.

regards

Ian.

No, we had to roll out with the number on the handset, we ended up with the off-net number and the internal extension in the line text label on every handset. I did not spend much time on the issue as the team we ready to roll out so if you do find a solution please let me know.

Thanks

Will Do.

Ian.

Thanks for that, I will look now. We are running 5.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: