cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does CON-SU1-WIDSBNK9 give me?

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

I'm researching possible ways to license signature updates for two new IDSM modules for Cat6500 and this license is one of the suggestions. However I'm unable to find further information on Cisco.com

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the main site that discusses Cisco Service for IPS contracts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6076/serv_group_home.html

The Data Sheet briefly goes through everything covered:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6076/c1262/cdccont_0900aecd8022e901.pdf

This includes the license for the signature updates, as well as help desk support, software support for new software upgrades, and hardware support.

(NOTE: You can not separately purchase Just signature update license support when buying direct from Cisco. There are CON-SUSA contracts for just signature update support, but these can only be sold through partners where the partner is first selling a partner support contract covering the helpdesk, software, and hardware support)

CON-SU1 contracts are Next Business Day (NBD)

CON-SU2 contracts are 8X5X4 Same Business Day

CON-SU3 contracts are 24X7X4 Same Business Day within 4 Hours

CON-SU4 contracts are 24X7X2 Same Business Dat within 2 Hours

From what I have been able to determine the specific contracts for the IDSM-2 are going to end in either:

IDSBNK9 (example: CON-SU1-IDSBNK9) if the module was purchased as a spare (you ordered and installed in one of your existing chassis)

OR

WIDSBNK9 (example: CON-SU1-WIDSBNK9) if the module was purchased as one of many modules in a chassis purchased all at one time.

Both sell for the same cost for the same level of service.

BUT I have also seen contracts ending in WSIDSXLK9 and WS-IDS2K9.

I do not believe these 2 types are actually used. BUT I am not positive.

So when you go to make your purchase be sure to work with your Cisco Representative. He should be able to confirm that what I've written above is correct.

Once you've purchased the contracts and have them linked to serial numbers of the IDSM-2s, then you should be able to request licenses for the 2 IDSM-2s.

The license is included as part of the cost of the above contracts and the license expiration will be the expiration date of the contracts.

Beyond the Cisco Service for IPS Contracts discussed above there would not be any other part numbers required for getting the licenses.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card