cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 3.3(3)sr4 platform upgrade to 3.3(5)sr2 - how?

andy_vvc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am going to upgrade the OS level that we are running. Currently we are at 2000-2-7(sr8).

I have downloaded the upgrade path to 2000-4-4a.exe

Additionally I have downloaded 2000-4-4sr8.exe to install after the main OS 2000-4-4a upgrade.

That should leave our cluster at OS release 2000-4-4sr8

I understand this is an accepted level to be at to then upgrade the actual *CallManager* platform from 3.3(3)sr4 to 3.3(5)sr2.

We need to get to 3.3(5)sr2 to support the newer 7961 IP Phones.

Can anyone advise me of the actual path (ie software i need to download and install) to upgrade the CCM platform from our current version to the newer one? The Cisco support site isn't very clear on ANY upgrade paths - even the Upgrade Matrix is confusing and unclear... lol

Any thoughts appreciated. I am hoping it is a single install and not a 2 or 3 step process! The OS upgrade will be painful enough :o(

Assumption is:

- install 3.3(5)sr2 upgrade. No additional patches, firmware or device packs will be needed.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your kind words :) The file you listed is just the sr. The file you want is this one;

ciscocm-ffu.3-3-5.exe

Here is the Readme;

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/callmgr/3.3/ciscocm-ffu.3-3-5-ReadMeFirst.pdf

The BARS pre-req is a must! Don't skip this step. We did this upgrade in the Lab prior to actually rolling it out and we used the Upgrade discs from Cisco (but the download file should be just fine). The one issue we ran into involved a small change to our PRI's if you are running DMS100 Protocol. This tripped us up a bit but was listed in the sr2 Readme which we hadn't read carefully enough :(

As far as one single install window, I would allow 8-10 hours just to be safe. Add up all the times listed in the Step by Step I sent to give you an idea of the times involved.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

We did this upgrade using the document I have attached below. This lists an actual Step by Step Guide for 3.3.3 to 3.3.5 upgrades as well as the required download info. You could also order the upgrade discs from Cisco if you have Smartnet Upgrade support. Make sure you have a close look at the sr2 Readme notes as there are a ton of Bug Fixes included. This upgrade was done in one maintenance window. The OS that you are currently running is a supported starting point for this upgrade :)

Upgrading From Cisco CallManager 3.3(3) (If You Are Not Replacing Hardware)

Cisco requires that you install Cisco-provided operating system version 2000.2.7 before you upgrade to Cisco CallManager Release 3.3(5).

From this excellent Step by Step doc;

Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 3.3(5)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a0080379983.html#wp250358

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cheers Rob!

I take it that this is the 'upgrade' file (from Downloads > Voice > CallManager 3.3) ciscocm.3-3-5-sr2.exe

One single installation?

I will have our cluster patched with the OS patch 'upgrade' in a few weeks - the CCM upgrade will occur the week after.

Did you have *any* issues during either the OS patch or System upgrade Rob? Does the BARS pre-req NEED to be done? (We run v3.5.6).

I think all the other prep work i have already done - SQL2000 is at SP3a etc.

Thanks once again for the prompt reply Rob - keep this up and you will leap-frog into top place on the Telephony feedback :o)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your kind words :) The file you listed is just the sr. The file you want is this one;

ciscocm-ffu.3-3-5.exe

Here is the Readme;

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/callmgr/3.3/ciscocm-ffu.3-3-5-ReadMeFirst.pdf

The BARS pre-req is a must! Don't skip this step. We did this upgrade in the Lab prior to actually rolling it out and we used the Upgrade discs from Cisco (but the download file should be just fine). The one issue we ran into involved a small change to our PRI's if you are running DMS100 Protocol. This tripped us up a bit but was listed in the sr2 Readme which we hadn't read carefully enough :(

As far as one single install window, I would allow 8-10 hours just to be safe. Add up all the times listed in the Step by Step I sent to give you an idea of the times involved.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

Use the link below to see what you need to upgrade to:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm#R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: