Replies

IPMA issue in CCM5.1 Call not ringing on Asst Phone as it ringing on Mangr

shivkumargadad
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have Call manager 5.1 with publisher and Subscriber,

We were trying to configure IPMA service with proxy line, we have configured

7941 as Manager IP Phone , and 7961 as Assistant IP Phone .

we have created Phone Service in Phone Services with Callmanager

Publisher ip address. and done the changes in Service Parameters for

Publisher server IPMA Services .

Now i could see the 4 Icons display in Manager IP Phone.

When i make call to Manager IP phone its ringing on Manager phone directly,

not ringing on to IP Assistant Proxy line.

here the Manager ph number is 571 (PT-manager, CSS-IE), and

Assistant proxy line is 572 (PT-Everyone, CSS-ME).

and CTI Routepoint DN is 57X (PT-CTIRP, CSS-ME).

all the phones are (PT-Everyone, CSS-IE)

It worked for one time yesturday evening, same is not working today morning,

I think there is small mistake in configuration can any body help what could be the issue.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shivkumar,

It sounds like you probably want to set this up in "Shared Line" mode rather tham 'Proxy Line" mode to achieve this functionality. Have a look at the differences;

Using Cisco IPMA in Shared-Line Mode

If a system administrator has configured Cisco IPMA in shared-line mode, the manager and assistant share a directory number; for example 8001. The assistant handles calls for a manager on the shared directory number. When a manager receives a call on 8001, both the manager's phone and the assistant's phone will ring.

The Cisco IPMA features that are not applicable in shared-line mode include default assistant selection, assistant watch, call filtering, and divert all calls. An assistant cannot see or access these features on the Assistant Console application. The assistant's phone will not have the softkey for the divert all feature. The manager's phone will not have the softkeys for assistant watch, call intercept, or divert all feature.

If you are an assistant using Cisco IPMA in shared-line mode, you do not need to be logged in to receive calls. Calls to your manager will automatically ring on your phone. You need to be logged into Assistant Console if you wish to use the application to handle calls or if you want to use the softkey on your phone to transfer a call to the manager's voice messaging system.

Using Cisco IPMA in Proxy-Line Mode

If a system administrator has configured Cisco IPMA in proxy-line mode, the manager and assistant do not share a directory number. The assistant handles calls for a manager using a proxy number. The proxy number is not the manger's directory number, but an alternate number chosen by the system that an assistant uses to handle the manager's calls.

In proxy-line mode, a manager and an assistant have access to all features in Cisco IPMA, including default assistant selection, assistant watch, call filtering, and divert all calls.

If you are an assistant using Cisco IPMA in proxy-line mode, you must log in to the Assistant Console and have a ***filter enabled to receive calls made to your manager on your phone. You can use Assistant Console application for all call handling features, such as answering or transferring a call.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5015/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00802d11c8.html#wp1007179

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, on the IPMA service, I am using IPMA in proxy line.

I got the problem what i was doing, Actually i was supposed to be logged in to Assistant Console, which i was not doing earlier and thats why call was delivering to the Manager.

Now its working according to the configuration.

Thanks & Regards

Shivkumar

can you give some details on your config. having this same issue.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: