cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME where have all the speed dials gone?

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a CME 4.0 system, when a user logs on to the GUI he/she sees 4 "speed dial" entries and 24 "personal fastdial" entries. On older CUE systems there were more speed dials, i can still program these extra speed dials but only from the router CLI. Unfortunately the personal fast dials that are programable by a normal user have to be accessed from the directory Services on the phone which is not fast at all.

This kind of seems a backwards step, am i missing something here?

colin

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Honestly i have no idea. But, if you could tell me how to program personal fast dials from the phone, I would be grateful :)

I found this when I logged on using http://x. X.X.X /Web and a local extension users logon. Personal fast dials were where I expected to find speed dials.

So you can't program speed dials directly from the phone, correct ?

Hi

We are using 7912 phones. I can't program speed dual from phone.

Colin

tep 1 Select an available phone line. Lift the handset, press the NewCall soft key, or press a button. Listen for the dial tone. Note that the Newcall soft key must not be disabled for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G and the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G.

Step 2 Press the pound key (#).

Step 3 Press the speed-dial button that you want to program. A short beep confirms that you are starting to program this button.

Step 4 Enter the full telephone number to be dialed when the button is pressed. The digits are output to the phone display. When speed-dial numbers are entered on a Cisco Unified IP Phones 7940 and 7940G or Cisco Unified IP Phones 7960 and 7960G, the Backspace soft key (<<) is available to let you correct digits that were typed incorrectly. To remove a speed-dial number without replacing it with a new one, press the pound key (#).

Step 5 Press the speed-dial button that you are programming a second time to indicate that you finished entering the speed-dial digits and to store the new speed-dial number.

Step 6 Hang up the receiver or press a new speed-dial button, and repeat the process.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a8318.html#wp1076577

Good day

Hi,

that doesn't seem to work with CME.

Hi

I agree with Paolo, i tried it on my system and this does not work.

colin

Have you managed to solve this issue.

I create speed dials on Call Manager and the user does from their Options Web page but the speed dials never appear, they just show 'Not Assigned'.

I have downgraded the firmware 80004 - 80003 - 80002 but no success.

Regards Kim.

hi i think you issue is different to mine. What ver of CM are you running? paste you config so we can take a look.

colin

Hi, we are running System version: 6.0.1.2000-3, we upgraded from 5.1 in January.

The phones work fine ie Personal Directory, Corporate Directory, Personal Speed Dials (nothing speedy about these at all!).

It seems odd that the 7912G has the rocker switch on the front for Speed Dials but is inoperable and there is no way on the phone to assign them.

Hi Kim

my problem was with express, I have no experience of CM6 yet, hopefully one of the other experts can help you.

good luck

colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: