cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G726 and ccm

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Can Cisco call manager support g726 call from PBX to ip phones?Assuming there are hardware transcoders. I do not see g726 available in the region setting.

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Unfortunetaly, callmanager application does not have the option to choose g726 codec as you already know. But if you exactly tell me the application you are using to integrate with callmanager and what the network topology you have i might figure a possible workaround for you.

Currently customer has the following scenario:

PBX-PRI-R0--IP--R1-PRI-PBX

G726 is the codec in the IP cloud. Now CCM will be brought into the scenario and IP Phone needs talk to PBX phones.

Since CCM does not support G726 there will be a problem between the IP phones to PBX phone, right?

Correct, you may put another device in the middle. That do the transcoding inside the box like any Linux PBX (*).

I have another solution now:

add a 2nd codec prefernece G729 on the gw dial peer so that it can use this codec prefrerence to establish call with CCM which has G729 for IP Phones. Is this good?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: