cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC - Select Resource Step clarification

joannemarie
Level 1
Level 1

Could somebody clarify the 'selected' branch for the 'Select Resource; step?

If a connect is done within the 'selected' branch and it fails, what happens? Will the call go back in the queue - go to the Queued branch? or do I have to send it to the queued branch?

Thanks ahead of time

4 Replies 4

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

My client has requested agents not be put into a not-ready state after ring no answer. Would the 'Select Resource' step allow me to check for a ring no answer and then move on to the next agent, I tried to set the option in System Parameters to go Ready after Ring No Answer, but the call just seemed to loop on that agent.

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

If Connect is set to 'No' on the Select Resource step, then a Connect step is used to connect to the agent (this is useful if you need to do perform other actions, like populating Enterprise Data before connecting the call to the agent).

The Selected branch causes the agent to enter a Reserved state. If the Connect step fails, it won't go back to the Queued branch of the Select Resource step automatically; you need to jump back to the Select Resource step from the Failed branch of the Connect step.

Please rate useful posts!

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the clarification. One additional thing i'd like to know is whether the call considered dequeued after it the fail to connect step. ie. would the historical report show calls that fails to connect to their agents as dequeued calls?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: