cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade order

tonyw1538
Level 1
Level 1

The TSP matrix (found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cutspmtx.html) seems to indicate that, as long as I am using TSP 8.2(1), I can continue to use my existing Call Manager 4.1(3) against Unity 5.0(1).

Our Call Manager is used solely for Unity Integration (no phones), but I think it might make sense to upgrade CM (after upgrading Unity), as we are so far behind the times.

What is the conventional wisdom on this? Should I leave well-enough alone in the Call Manager world and just upgrade Unity, or is there a compelling reason to march forward with the CM upgrade too?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

- Tony -

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony -

Are you talking about making the upgrade to CCM 5.X as well? We are running one cluster at version 4.1(3), which is very stable I must say :-) and have no plans to move to CCM 5.X due to our IPCC Express high-availability deployment, which CCM 5.X does not support. However, we have another cluster running CCM 5.0 on Linux. Both clusters are integrated with the same Unity 4.2(1) server and function just fine. We will be upgrading Unity to 5.0 soon. If you need the CCM 5.0 features, or want to go to Linux platform for availability (minimal OS maintenance due to non-Windows platform and easier CCM upgrade options), then consider doing that. But I think you are fine where you are too.

Ginger

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony -

Are you talking about making the upgrade to CCM 5.X as well? We are running one cluster at version 4.1(3), which is very stable I must say :-) and have no plans to move to CCM 5.X due to our IPCC Express high-availability deployment, which CCM 5.X does not support. However, we have another cluster running CCM 5.0 on Linux. Both clusters are integrated with the same Unity 4.2(1) server and function just fine. We will be upgrading Unity to 5.0 soon. If you need the CCM 5.0 features, or want to go to Linux platform for availability (minimal OS maintenance due to non-Windows platform and easier CCM upgrade options), then consider doing that. But I think you are fine where you are too.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Yes, I was thinking about CCM 5.x, again just on principle - not because I needed features. Some vendors (but not Cisco) will not talk to you unless you are running the latest version of their product.

It sounds like you have the same experience I do with CCM 4.1(3) being very stable. No sense upsetting the apple cart!

I do appreciate your input. I am now leaning toward going to Unity 5 for Exchange 2007 compatibility, and leaving CCM where we are today.

Thanks again!

- Tony -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: