cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage to Polycom H323

r-sheahan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently testing connectivity between a Cisco VT advantage endpoint and a Polycom VSX 7000 utilizing CME 4.1. Audio is working in both directions however I'm having issues with video. I'm able to see video from the Polycom device however video from the VT advantage endpoint is not viewable on the Polycom.

Any suggestions or ideas?

8 Replies 8

support
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently having the exact same problem just with a different H323 device. I am using a Sony PCS-1 unit and it is not receiving the video from my VT Advantage. I actually opened up a case with Cisco on this and I'm still waiting on a response.

Please let me know how you make out. I'm about to open a TAC case myself.

I had the similar problem and I can suggest workaround.

I think that it can be problem with codec negotiatin or H.254 codec compatibility.

Try uninstall and reinstall VTA only with the H.263 codec

(msiexec /i CiscoUnifiedVideoAdvantageSetup.msi /qb CODEC="H.263")

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipcvl/admin2_0/vinstall.htm#wp1055106

Regards

Krzysztof

I meant problem with H.264 codec compatibility.

Krzysztof

Update!!

I actually tried to do what the previous person mentioned about reinstalling with the codec specified but that didnt work for me.

I opened up a case with TAC and hounded them for help. I managed to get my engineer to consult with the "DE's" (which is the development engineers). In the end they didnt really have a supported resolution for me but did tell me that I should upgrade my IOS and CME for certain reasons listed below. So I did, just because, and it worked. I have video on all both sides now.

"Recommendation from Development engineers are that you upgrade IOS to either 12.4(11)XJ4 or 12.4(15)T as CUVA 2.0.2 is supported in these two IOS versions.It appears that you are using the CME version which supports VTA 1.02 but not 2.02. VTA 2.02 needed the payload type of 34 which is introduced in these IOS versions. Even after you use the right CME image for CVTA 2.02 one more thing to note is that Sony systems have not being qualified by our test teams and we don't officially support those."

Still have one problem though... The Video quality being displayed on Sony side is coming up very poorly. Very pixelated. On my VT Advantage system I see myself and the remote end very clearly but they dont see me well. I'm almost there. Any suggestions?

I also tried the msi fix - no go for me either. I received the same feedback from TAC regarding the upgrade. Which version did you end up going with? I'm scheduling the upgrade for next week and hope to put this one to bed.

Regarding the poor video quality, have you tried playing with the video max-bit rate under telephony-service?

I actually did try playing with the bit-rate. I got it at 512 right now. Should I up it more?

As far as the versions I upgraded to:

IOS = 12.4(11)XJ4

CME = 4.1(0)

Make sure your at the latest VT Advantage version too.

That was the version I was planning on using - good to hear it solved the problem.

I usually just leave it at the default of 1M but I've tinkered with it in the past over slower links. Worth a shot to bump it up it if you have the bandwidth to spare.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: