Helpful
Replies

%STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi netpro,

i got the log file as below.

Jul 10 14:30:17.093: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 172.100.83.253 on Vlan100, sourced by 0000.0c07.ac53

but, i have checked my vlan 100. i have not conflict with the HSRP.

any idea ?

your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Jack

5 Replies 5

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack,

Follow the troubleshooting tips found at "HSRP Standby IP Address Is Reported as a Duplicate IP Address"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094afd.shtml#t20

This should allow you to track down the underlying issue causing the messages. The real issue is not necessarily misconfigured HSRP. If you get stuck, please post your findings and the relevant portions of the device configs for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

fieus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jack

Potentially a STP loop could cause this problem.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

so, i just focous to that vlan which duplicated with standby interface and tracing any switch/hub or router plug into my access switch ?

your reply will be highly appreciated .

thanks

regards,

Jack

Hi,

I would start to do a layer2 troubleshooting, because a (transient) STP loop is the most likely cause as mentioned in the previous post. So check your switches, trunks and so on to spot possible STP issues. Additional routers connected to the VLAN can be ruled out rather quickly, if the do not have the same HSRP group as the system logging the messages from your initial post.

Regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

yes, i do agree with you. i start troubleshooting from L2. i detected 1 HP procurve switch connecting into my Access Switch.

Question .

How can i confirm this switch is causing the loop ?

thanks .

regards,

Jack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card