cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 2.6 Auto Update Server

hanjo
Level 1
Level 1

In LMS 2.6 you can add Auto Update Servers in Common Services-Device and Credentials-AUS Management. After doing so there is no AUS running. What exactly does this feature? For me it looks like I have to run an AUS on a different machine and in LMS the "add AUS" function only tells LMS where to find it. The documentation of CW LMS in this point is very very poor. Where can I find a "real documentation" about AUS in LMS 2.6. I am running LMS on a Win2003 Server SP1. Thanks for any information!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct in that LMS does not provide an AUS. The Cisco Security Management Suite includes an AUS that runs on a machine different from LMS. The AUS functionality in LMS allows you to add an AUS server (external server) to LMS. This AUS server may be managing devices. In that case, you can add devices to LMS and indicate that these devices are to be managed via the AUS.

The only documentation on AUS and LMS can be found in the online context-sensitive help.

View solution in original post

This should be fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct in that LMS does not provide an AUS. The Cisco Security Management Suite includes an AUS that runs on a machine different from LMS. The AUS functionality in LMS allows you to add an AUS server (external server) to LMS. This AUS server may be managing devices. In that case, you can add devices to LMS and indicate that these devices are to be managed via the AUS.

The only documentation on AUS and LMS can be found in the online context-sensitive help.

Thank you for the quick response.

Can we use the AUS 1.3 from CW VMS which runs on a separate solaris server?

This should be fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: