Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Voip

faisal.aseeri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was working with Microsoft products previously and now I have changed my mind to switch to cisco networks. My company has decided to go with VOIP SOLUTION as our branches are connected with MPLS network. The project given to me is this way. I have to connect 2 sites which includes my head office and branch office to use voip (both the branches are already connected using MPLS network). My head office is having a PBX which will be integrated with voip and my branch office is not having any kind of PBX system.

Note: It will be a pilot project so please suggest a cheap hardware only for 2 sites if its approved then we will be buy good router in our head office to connect all other branches.

1) What kind of cisco routers shall I buy for both Sites ?

2) what kind of modules shall be intalled in them to start ?

3) What kind of IOS ?

4) Do I need to do something in my PBX ? for the integration in my head office ?

5) Which books do you prefer as a beginner ?

I hope the above mentioned scenario is completely transparent by any chance if you feel that i havent provided you the complete information dont hesitate to ask. Your earliest response will be appreciated.

Thanks

SKAK

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I would do this with two 2801, CCME feature, and cisco IP phones of your choice. What interface does the PBX have ? If doesn't have ISDN BRI or PRI, it will be hard to do a nice integration. Please search "CME" on CCO and start reading about it.

Note: it is fundamental that you locate a reputable cisco reseller that can help you with the prices and availability of the material, if not with the actual configuration.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I was talking about the modules that has to be installed in a cisco 2801 router. I have nortel PBX installed.

Thanks

skak