When to use Line Group or Hunt Group

Unanswered Question
Jul 12th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi everyone,

i dont get the difference between Line Group and Hunt Group (with or without Attendant COnsole.

Questions:

1- When you use line group and when you use Hunt Group?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jason-calbert_2 Thu, 07/12/2007 - 05:19
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

You use a line group an I assume you mean a Hunt Pilot. The way it works is like this

you have a line group that contains the DN's that you want to hunt throught. you then have a hunt list which is a list of different line groups. Finally you have a hunt pilot which has the DN that you dial to start to hunt and a list of hunt list. I hope this helps. If you need any clarification please let me know.

Jason

Jayd000007 Thu, 07/12/2007 - 05:56
User Badges:

Well that s the same thing as the Hunt Group/Pilot Point.

So the Question again is:

what s the deffirence in usinge Line Group/Hunt List/Hunt Pilot OR Attendant Console Hunt Group/Pilot point??

jason-calbert_2 Thu, 07/12/2007 - 06:06
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Sorry did not understand your initial question. The difference between these are that attendant console controlls the hunt pilot. This adds a couple of features such as a que for attendant console users. Instead of adding DN's to a normal hunt group you add users and physical lines to a AC Hunt Group. For instance I controll a phone that has 6 lines on it. In the line group I would add my username and line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, line 5 and line 6 instead of a regular line group were I would add 4000, 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4005 and 4006. I hope this makes since please let me know.

Actions

This Discussion