Views
Helpful
Replies

When to use Line Group or Hunt Group

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i dont get the difference between Line Group and Hunt Group (with or without Attendant COnsole.

Questions:

1- When you use line group and when you use Hunt Group?

3 Replies 3

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

You use a line group an I assume you mean a Hunt Pilot. The way it works is like this

you have a line group that contains the DN's that you want to hunt throught. you then have a hunt list which is a list of different line groups. Finally you have a hunt pilot which has the DN that you dial to start to hunt and a list of hunt list. I hope this helps. If you need any clarification please let me know.

Jason

Well that s the same thing as the Hunt Group/Pilot Point.

So the Question again is:

what s the deffirence in usinge Line Group/Hunt List/Hunt Pilot OR Attendant Console Hunt Group/Pilot point??

Sorry did not understand your initial question. The difference between these are that attendant console controlls the hunt pilot. This adds a couple of features such as a que for attendant console users. Instead of adding DN's to a normal hunt group you add users and physical lines to a AC Hunt Group. For instance I controll a phone that has 6 lines on it. In the line group I would add my username and line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, line 5 and line 6 instead of a regular line group were I would add 4000, 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4005 and 4006. I hope this makes since please let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: