I have a Cisco 7500 with a single RSP4. I would like to take out the RSP4 and place a Master and Slave RSP8 in its place.
My plan of action was the following:
1. Place the RSP8 in the slave slot.
2. Wr mem on the Master RSP4
This should transfer the configuration over to SlaveRSP8.
3. Remove the RSP4. RSP8 slave should become the master.
4. Place the second RSP8 into the other RSP slot.
5. WR mem to copy the config from the master RSP.
I'm afraid there may be a compatibility issue between running a RSP4 and RSP8 at the same time. Would this be the case?