2 Domains - User Tracking

Unanswered Question
Jul 12th, 2007
User Badges:

We have 2 domains in the company. In the user tracking, it is only picking up workstation belonging to one domain. How do I specify that it should pick up also from the second domain?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 07/12/2007 - 08:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I'm not sure what you mean by domains (DNS domains, Windows domains, ?). However, UT will only pick up users once the switches to which those users are connected have been Data Collected by Campus Manager. So, make sure the missing user switches are showing up correctly on the Campus Topology Map with the correct icon.

londint Thu, 07/12/2007 - 09:19
User Badges:

Thanks

It is Windows domain. We have 1.com and b.com. I see only PCs from 1.com with their User Names. The users on the b.com are showing up by IP but not by the User Names as they log onto b.com.

Yes the Switches are showing up correctly as users on the 1.com are showing up.

Thanks

Joe Clarke Thu, 07/12/2007 - 10:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

The first thing to check is that the new users' PCs are running UTLite, and that the UTLite update packets are making it to the CiscoWorks server. The easiest way to do this is to get a sniffer trace on the LMS server, and look for b.com IP addresses.

If the updates are making it to the LMS server, and the MAC address in the update packets is delimited by colons (':'), then you may be hitting CSCsj42193. A patch for this is available by calling the TAC.

Actions

This Discussion