cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing Messages Button Dials Main Line Phone

firstsolar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user with a Cisco 7941 phone and when she pushes the messages button and puts in her password it will dial our main line on a 7961 phone. When the receptions pickups up the call there is no one on the other line, but the call is active for as long as the user is checking her voice mail. Any ideas on what would cause this to happen?

I have compared the configuration to other phones and they are the same, I have tried to reset the phone and have had the user change her VM password and it still happens. This just started happening about a month ago. We are currently using CME with Cisco Unity.

7 Replies 7

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

The first thing to check is to see if this user has an account in Unity and if the number in Unity matches the users phone.

Let me know.

Jason

The user does have an account in Unity and it is the same extension as on the phone. I have tried resetting the phone and also having the user reset her VM password.

When the user pushes the messages button she is able to enter her password and is able to hear her voicemails just fine, but at the same time her phone is dialing the main number. This ties up our main number until that user is finished check her voicemail.

mohamedtag80
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Does the Voicemail Pilot Number the same as the Main Line 7961 Phone Extension Number ?? If this is the case , this might be the Problem.

Regards

M.Tag

The voicemail pilot number is not the same as the users extension. The pilot is 1100 and her ext is 9354, so they are very different. Good thought though.

Hi,

Check the users personal settings for the voicemail.Some rules can be configured by the users during personalization of the voicemail message which will give this kind of behaviour.

That user would have unknowingly set this option and hence it is triggering a call to Reception number when voicemail is checked.

regards

Sundara

Hi, this is quite interesting :-)

One possibility is there - do you have any call routing rule created in Unity in which a call coming from this 7941 phone is forwarded to the main number or something? But, this doesnt hold true, when you say that the user is able to listen to his/her VM at the same time.

Difficult to say what's causing it, but you can try deleting the phone from CME and deleting the Subscriber from Unity and recreate both and see if that helps.

I attempted to recreate both and it is still not acting correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: