cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems after Reboot

marcuswk7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Aironet 1200 that was working fine with POE but after the switch was rebooted it won't give wireless. It boots up and I am able to console in to it without any problems. The line tested fine and the switch port isn't shut down or anything. Any suggestions what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

philoclyde
Level 1
Level 1

I just fixed a similar issue with a 1242 yesterday as well as having run into it in the past. There is a known issue with AP 1200s when using PoE from a switch. I would have to do some digging to find the documentation, but the AP will power up and the radio interface will be shut down. If you web into it, you will see an error log regarding in-line power negotiation. You will then be directed to the System Configuration page under System Software. Change the setting to Pre-standard Compatibility and is should work fine.

Hope this works for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card