cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Injecting an EBGP candidate route into OSPF as the default route

M
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of setting up redundant Internet connections through two ISP's for my company, and need to know how I can configure my edge routers (running EBGP and OSPF) to advertise diverse routes respecitively used by the ISP's to connect to the Internet. These routes would in turn be redistributed into OSPF as default routes when they are available. If either of the routes become unavailable, then they would be removed from the OSPF routing table.

Can someone please help me by telling me how to configure my routers to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

M@nd1ngoo

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

M@nd1ngoo

The best way to do this is not to redistribute the route into OSPF but it is to configure OSPF on the router that has the BGP default route using the default-information originate command. This link has some additional information which should be helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801ec9f0.shtml

Using the default-information originate command the OSPF will advertise a default route to its neighbors as long as BGP has learned at least 1 default route from its neighbors.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card