cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 with MFC-R2

mike.lo
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to ask whether CCM 4.1(3) sr3a with vg support E1 MFC-R2 signalling by using MGCP controlled. If yes, how to configure?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it does not.You will need H323 on the GW for E1-R2.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

so, where can i get the configuration in h323 connection?

Hi,

config for E1 R2 is very peculiar to country and telco. Where are you located ? In the forum there are posts with examples for telmex and few others. For an introductory discussion, see:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800942f2.shtml

Advice: if you have _any_ chance to have the circuit provision as PRI instead, do that. E1 R2 is very challenging to configure and troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

tks for support, the place we deploy is Manila. we try to ask them to change into E1 PRI, but i know that DDI range can't keep. so it is difficult.

besides, is it possible that mgcp can support it in later ccm version, say 6.0?

hi,

CCM 6.0 is out and doesn't support E1 R2. I think the reason is that it is so complicated, that only the router can do it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: