Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to apply QOS ?

Hi, After defining the policy maps , how does one decide where and in which direction should the policy be applied ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Outbound on the Spoke serial interface would guarantee 20kbps of traffic to Hub. To guarantee the return traffic you should apply it outbound at the HUB to each spoke site as well.

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

Yes.

Outbound on your CPE router, and make sure that the service provider does the same on their PE router.

Actually you can do classification input on your Eth inteface.

HTH

BR,

Bjornarsb

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can bound the policy-map to the interface under the interface config mode using service-policy input/output

Hope it helps,

Krisztian

Hi Kerek,

Thanks for the reply, but my question is how to decide whether to apply the policy inbound or outbound on a interface.

If you take a Hub and Spoke environment with each spoke connected to the HUB using a 64 kbps leased line, and i want guarantee an bw of 20kbps for http traffic per branch , where should i applcy the policy ???

class-map match-any HTTP

match protocol http

policy-map HTTP

class HTTP

bandwidth 20

where should i apply this policy ???

HUB Serial inbound or outbound

SPOKE Serial inbound or outbound

I hope you got my question..

Hi

Outbound on the Spoke serial interface would guarantee 20kbps of traffic to Hub. To guarantee the return traffic you should apply it outbound at the HUB to each spoke site as well.

HTH

Jon

Hi Jon,

So I need to apply the policy both on Spoke Serial and Hub Serial in Outbound directions, Is that what you meant ?

-vikram

Yes.

Outbound on your CPE router, and make sure that the service provider does the same on their PE router.

Actually you can do classification input on your Eth inteface.

HTH

BR,

Bjornarsb

thanks for the reply, It answered my question - vikram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: