RightFax Integration with Cisco MGCP Voice Gateways

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2007

We are looking into the options for integrating RightFax into a Cisco IPT Infrastructure. Currently, we are using CCM 4.1(3) with MGCP controlled gateways. My understanding is there are two main options for integration: (i) use an E1 port on the Voice Gateway to connect to the fax card in the server or (ii) use T.38 (FoIP) between CCM and RightFax.

It appears that there are enhancements in CCM 4.2 for T.38 with MGCP-controlled gateways which may be required?

Also, if T.38 is used, example configurations suggest a SIP dial peer would need to be created for each fax DN (or group of fax DNs), and a route pattern would also need to exist with CallManager to route the fax call towards the fax server through the voice gateway on which the SIP dial-peers are configured.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of T.38 versus a back-to-back TDM connection when using CCM 4.1(3)? An MGCP-controlled E1 connection is less overhead, as only the route patterns would need to be maintained in CallManager.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion