cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI and BRI

moses12315
Level 1
Level 1

My telco company for decreasing the cost offered me some PRI links. The problem is that i have on my routers only BRI interfaces. I installed and configured the BRI interfaces and connected with the PRI links. It looks to work fine. When i use Cisco Works to see the network i realise that those links are no appear, or they are in red color(than blue) or show different bandwidth.

Is there is a problem using BRI interfaces for PRI links? Shall i change the interfaces to PRI.

Thanks

moses

4 Replies 4

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Moses,

Honestly I can't imagine how the BRI interfaces can operate when PRI line connected.

We are talking two totally different things in this case (different clocking, framing etc.) only the physical interface can be the same (RJ-45 if unbalanced PRI used).

If PRI is provided then you definitely need PRI interface.

Krisztian

Even I'm surprised, please could you share the router config with us.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Thanks both of you . As you said i have to change the PRI interface. I will put the configuration on monday on this site. Thanks again.

moses

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

man

change the bri interface to pri interface ie if ur router support, installed pri card (e1 interface, genrally all new card support data and voice on the same card)

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card