Who "owns" my certs?

Unanswered Question
Jul 13th, 2007

I understand that when someone wins their CCIE, their employer of record "owns" the right to that credential in terms of partnership certification with Cisco. The employer gets to keep that cert for partnership purposes even if the employee leaves the company for up to one year.

In the past, a CCNP, CCSP, or CCVP was--in this specific respect--more marketable to certain employers who needed to fill particular slots in order to achieve advanced technical specialization partner status.

I have heard that Cisco has decided to now tie ALL of the professional-level credentials to the employer of record for the one-year period.

Does anyone know if this is true? Does this not reduce the marketability of these credentials for the test takers?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
eriknixon Fri, 07/13/2007 - 21:23

I have never heard of this before, I sure hope this is not the case.

keegan.holley Sat, 07/14/2007 - 15:20

Yes, I've heard this as well. The cisco partner program requires that each partner employ certain number of certified engineers to keep their partnership status. According to cisco the one-year "probationary" period is to deter partners from recruiting CCIE's from other partners to improve their ranking.

Actions

This Discussion