cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with a NM-HDV2-2T1/E1

ssjoberg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 with an NM-HDV3-2T1/E1 network module installed. I have an VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 installed in the open slot. The VWIC is connected to 2 data T1s and they are working fine(t1 1/0/0 and 1/0/1). The problem I am having is defining the onboard T1s as data T1s. When I define the controller and the channel group on t1 1/0 ( channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 speed 64) I get and error message:

%Insufficient resources to create channel group

Here is the controller configs:

controller T1 1/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

!

controller T1 1/1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

!

controller T1 1/0/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

detect v54 channel-group 0

!

controller T1 1/0/1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

cablelength short 133

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

detect v54 channel-group 0

Is there something special I need to do to get the onboard T1s defined for data?

Thanks, Steve

7 Replies 7

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i suppose u need dsp in ur router. check how many dsp u have , add more dsp

( u can be sure of this by reducing time stols try "channel-group 0 timeslots 1 speed 64" command , if router take the command u can increase the time slots untill it give u the same error )

regards

The thing is that "channel-group" does not uses DSP and it is a data configuration, not voice.

This case should be given to the TAC in my opinion.

Thanks for the input. I have opened a TAC case.

hi

I still think this is because of dsp

u can try the method it will hardly matter of 10-15 min after that if does not solve u can go a open a tac case

regards

Let's wait for the answer from TAC to ssjoberg.

Perhaps it will come out that VWIC in the slot on NM-HDV cannot be used for data, although this is not evident from any document.

It should work in an HWIC slot on the 2821, if available.

it will come down to router resources. i have a 3745 with an nm-hdv2 and a 2 port t-1 trunk controller installed and i couldn't turn up the new t-1 on the 2nd port. i maxed out the dsp on the module and even decreased the size of the trans coding and conference config with no luck. i think i need to add memory to the router and not the module. just my $.02.

Hi Jerry,

No it shouldn't be the memory. To create serial interfaces (channel-group), the router needs something called "HDLC framer". It is the device than handles serial communication and it can be located in different places depending the router architecture.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco