cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register a SIP device with CME?

comjf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 with CME 4.2 that is working fine for SCCP handsets, but I would like to use a couple of (non-Cisco) SIP devices. Is this possible? I can't find any good documentation on whether this is even possible, let alone how to do it!

I am partway there, but when my SIP device tries to login it gets a 503 message back from CME:

SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable - registrar unavail or not enabled

I think this means it is trying to pass the registration off to an external SIP registrar, but I have not configured one. Can I make the CME router a SIP registrar?

Thanks,

Michael.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

for authentication to work, make sure username in your SIP device is the same as number you are registering, and configured in the router in voice rgister pool and dn. Then configure this username, password and realm under voice register pool.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Please send your running configuration and sample debugs.

( try debug voice register event/error, debug ccsip messages ) Are the cisco phones registering correctly ?

Please use this as an example :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807e13a7.html#wp1044211

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help, I was missing the voice service voip part of the config. I can now successfully register my SIP client with CME. The relevant portions of my config are:

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

sip

registrar server

!

voice register global

mode cme

source-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 5060

max-dn 144

max-pool 36

!

voice register dn 1

number xxx

name SIP Test

!

voice register pool 1

id mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

type ATA

number 1 dn 1

!

This works fine and I am able to make calls between SCCP and SIP phones with no problems. However, I would like to expose this to an untrusted network and would like to authenticate registrations with more than just the MAC address.

When I add the authenticate register command under voice register global, and username in the voice register pool the registration fails. debug ccsip errors and events gives the following output:

*Jul 16 22:44:00.372: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/HandleUdpSocketReads: SIP Message incomplete, trashed

*Jul 16 22:44:00.724: //164/E15EF9248E6E/SIP/Event/sact_idle_new_message_register:

ccsip_api_register_ind return value : SIP_SUCCESS

*Jul 16 22:44:00.724: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/ccsip_reg_search_call_id_table: No entry found in sipCallID Table

*Jul 16 22:44:00.724: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/sipSPI_validate_own_ip_addr: ReqLine IP addr does not match with host

IP addr

*Jul 16 22:44:00.724: //164/E15EF9248E6E/SIP/Error/ccsip_spi_register_incoming_registration: Registration Authorization

failed with authorization header=

MFTEST#

*Jul 16 22:44:00.724: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Event/sipSPIEventInfo: Queued event from SIP SPI : SIPSPI_EV_REGISTER_RESP

*Jul 16 22:44:00.996: //164/E15EF9248E6E/SIP/Event/sact_idle_new_message_register:

ccsip_api_register_ind return value : SIP_SUCCESS

*Jul 16 22:44:00.996: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/ccsip_reg_search_call_id_table: No entry found in sipCallID Table

*Jul 16 22:44:00.996: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/sipSPI_validate_own_ip_addr: ReqLine IP addr does not match with host

IP addr

*Jul 16 22:44:00.996: //164/E15EF9248E6E/SIP/Error/ccsip_spi_register_incoming_registration: Registration Authorization

failed with authorization header=Digest username="xxx",realm="xxx.xxx",uri="sip:xxx.xxx.xxx",response="9be3c60dc4144f74e

caf7c39d2f03d91",nonce="D39FF135014CB7A8",cnonce="2150e4a6",qop=auth,nc=00000001,algorithm=MD5

*Jul 16 22:44:01.000: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Event/sipSPIEventInfo: Queued event from SIP SPI : SIPSPI_EV_REGISTER_RESP

debug voice register errors and events gives the following:

*Jul 16 23:21:38.084: VOICE_REG_POOL: Register request for (xxx) from (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

*Jul 16 23:21:38.084: VOICE_REG_POOL: key(E4D3E1DA01502970) added to nonce table

*Jul 16 23:21:38.084: VOICE_REG_POOL: Contact doesn't match any pools

*Jul 16 23:21:38.096: VOICE_REG_POOL: Register request for (xxx) from (xxx.xxx.xxx)

*Jul 16 23:21:38.096: VOICE_REG_POOL: Contact doesn't match any pools

*Jul 16 23:21:38.444: EVENT: 1 node in nonce tree obsolete

I am not sure why none of the pools are matched as it works fine without the authenticate register command. Any ideas?

Hi,

for authentication to work, make sure username in your SIP device is the same as number you are registering, and configured in the router in voice rgister pool and dn. Then configure this username, password and realm under voice register pool.

That worked, thanks! While I was testing I had changed from one device to another and the extension on the dn no longer matched the username!

For reference, here is my (working) config:

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

!

voice register global

mode cme

source-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 5060

max-dn 144

max-pool 36

authenticate register

authenticate realm xxxx.xxx

!

voice register dn 1

number 123

name SIP Test

!

voice register pool 1

id mac 1234.1234.1234

type ATA

number 1 dn 1

username 123 password 1234

!

Thanks guys!

Glad to know it worked, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

i tried configuring two sip phones with same config..it worked

but the problem is that m not able to call between them.

wht all dial-peer i have to configure..

my extensions are

123 and 234

thx

Please post configuration and output of "debug ccsip message".

hi

here goes the debug n config.

thx for ur reply.

Hello,

In X-lite, please deselect all codecs except G.711u (Options -> Advanced -> Audio codecs).

hi the call from sccp phone to sip seems to be lost somewhere as its trying but its not reaching sip.

the call from sip to sccp is not goin the phone is playing prompt "user not available".

thxx

Hi,

I noticed in your config that you have two dn configured for pool 2, but they are both the same:

voice register pool 2

number 1 dn 2

number 2 dn 2

Should one of them been dn1 (both numbers ring on that phone)?

Are the dial peers being created? show voice register dial-peers should show you the registered phones.

What do you have configured under voice service voip?

hi i have this config.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

sip

registrar server

the show voice register dial-peers

is showing the sip phone registered.

dial-peer voice 40002 voip

destination-pattern 123

session target ipv4:100.0.0.5:56250

session protocol sipv2

after-hours-exempt FALSE

This resolved my issue, the 8811 would not register unless i specified username and password under voice register pool.

WOW...

hi

i can register x-lite softphones but m not able to call between them and sccp.

m also attaching the debug for ccsip.

thx for consideration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: