Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI analog dialin solution help.

dehghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 3825 router with a NM-HDV2-1T1/E1 module that has a VWIC-1MFT-E daughter card installed on it. I have an E1 PRI link connected to the VWIC and I am trying to configure the interface for analog modem dial in connectivity. Does this module support analog modem calls? When users call in they receive a busy signal. Do I have to install a DSP on this router for it to be capable of supporting analog modem calls?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The data sheet states the PVDM2-DM works only in conjunction with the indicated modules, that does not include the you have.

You would need one or more PVDM2-xDM where is x is as many concurrent calls you need. Available size are 12, 24 and 36.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Your module does not supports modem calls. For these, on a 3845 you need PVDM2-DM:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8050918e.html

The limitation is that the DM module will work only in conjunction with NM-xCE1T1-PRI.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

How about NM-HDV2-1T1/E1, would this work?

Correct me if I am wrong, in order to be able to use modem connection via pri I would need the DSP for all modules, is this correct?

Regards

The data sheet states the PVDM2-DM works only in conjunction with the indicated modules, that does not include the you have.

You would need one or more PVDM2-xDM where is x is as many concurrent calls you need. Available size are 12, 24 and 36.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: