Cisco Exams - Question about 'No "Mark" and Review'

Answered Question
Jul 14th, 2007

I have never taken a Cisco exam before. I have just finished all my course material for 640-801, and will be scheduling my CCNA exam soon.

I have read in two different places that Cisco no longer allows you to "Mark" and Review a question for later.

Does that mean that you cannot leave a question unanswered and come back to it either? I'm not talking about marking it, but does that mean that if I skip a question, that I cannot come back to it either?

I want to be perfectly clear on this before I take my exam.

TIA for your responses!

Correct Answer by cameron.moody about 9 years 7 months ago

Hi

Unfortunately it is the case that you cannot mark a question and come back to it. There is also no back function either so you cannot leave a question and go back to it later.

Basically you need to answer the question and move on and thats it.

Personally I can understand why they do this as one of the reasons is that some of the output from later questions can answer previous questions.

Good luck with your exam :)

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
cameron.moody Sat, 07/14/2007 - 18:17

Hi

Unfortunately it is the case that you cannot mark a question and come back to it. There is also no back function either so you cannot leave a question and go back to it later.

Basically you need to answer the question and move on and thats it.

Personally I can understand why they do this as one of the reasons is that some of the output from later questions can answer previous questions.

Good luck with your exam :)

chuckrenner Sat, 07/14/2007 - 20:43

cameron.moody said:

"There is also no back function either so you cannot leave a question and go back to it later.

Basically you need to answer the question and move on and thats it."

That's exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks for helping me prepare!

jasonnzcisco Sat, 07/14/2007 - 21:40

Hello,

I don't know if this has ever been posted but I can give you a hint, I just thought about it after I took my ccna.

If you get a sim early on in the test and you don;t have a good mem, it could be a good idea to show a command, lets say

"sh ip ?" and it will give you the list of further commands you can use.

Write these down on the sratch pad you have been given, Cisco will not let you go back to re-check your answers. But alteast you will have all of the valuable commands from the sims IOS.

Hope this helps.

Regards J

scottmac Sat, 07/21/2007 - 04:52

Remember that you're on the clock. Trying to write down all the "sh" commands is probably a waste of time.

It probably also doesn't help, in that there are (or at least there used to be) some bogus commands in there as well.

The "sh ip ..." list is only helpful if you have a general idea of the command you are looking for ... like a memory jogger. They used to make you type the entire, unabbreviated command, no typos, one shot, and IIRC, it was CASE SENSITIVE ...talk about a gut-wrenching nightmare of a test question.

Anyway, they put ringers in there for the "Well, that one looks pretty technical ... let's try that one" test takers.

Good Luck

Scott

chuckrenner Fri, 07/20/2007 - 17:04

Thanks again for the clarification! I was obviously well prepared, because I passed my CCNA exam (640-801) today (with a score of 1000)!

Actions

This Discussion