cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade to Campus 4.0.9. - all links "not in network"

joris.everaert
Level 1
Level 1

After the upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.9, all links are now shown as "not in netwerk" (red dotted line).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tx.

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What happens after running a full Campus Data Collection?

I think I already did this : I used the "Start Data Collection" link, selected "All Devices" and that job completed.

The devices are all in green, it's just the links that are all in alert.

If the links still show red, enable core, corex, and topo debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then run a new Campus Data Collection, and reload the topology map. The ani.log should have some indication of why the links are showing not in network.

Tx for the help.

Underneath some of the errors we see repeating :

2007/07/16 07:04:45 EvalTask-background-39 ani ERROR StpSMFGetStpInstance: unable to get stp device information

2007/07/16 07:04:45 EvalTask-background-27 ani ERROR StpSMFGetStpInstance: unable to get stp device information

2007/07/16 07:04:45 EvalTask-background-22 ani ERROR StpSMFGetSpanTreeDeviceInfo: Unable to fetch spanning tree type info from device "blanked out on purpose" com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpValueException: Illegal Access. NoSuchInstance being accessed as Integer.

2007/07/16 07:04:45 EvalTask-background-34 ani WARNING VlanStpInstance: unable to find vlan instance for instance id1003

2007/07/16 07:05:57 Discovery ani TopoSMFGenerateElmiTopology: Skipping device "blanked out on purpose" because ELMI neighbors are not discovered

2007/07/16 07:05:57 Discovery ani TopoSMFGenerateCdpTopology: Skipping device "blanked out on purpose" because CDP cache is not discovered

Then all links are shown as "not in network"

Nothing here speaks to an exact cause. If you cannot share the entire log on the forum, open a TAC service request, and attach the log.

I have the same problem. Likewise after loose contact to a device( device red )and after the devive is back it will stay red. Perform data collection doesn?t help. Is it possible to deinstall the patch?

No, the 4.0.9 update cannot be uninstalled. The debugging I mentioned previously might help determine what the cause of this problem is.

I have the same problem also UT doesn't scan the network devices correctly anymore. Seems that the update to CM4.0.9 wasn't a good idea.

I have the same problem. And in addition to the above problems any new device added after upgrading to 4.0.9 is not being discovered in topology database , and is not being displayed in the Network Topology.

I guess there was a problem with the ANI database. Once I did a cleanup of the database by re-initializing the database (complete). The Discovery , Data collection ran completely and now every thing seems to work.

Note: Re-initializing the database will erase the database completely.

This solved my problem. Tx.

For those of you who need to look like me for the instruction : run perl reinitdb.pl in the campus/bin folder from the command line.

Hi,

I am having this same issue after upgrading to Campus 4.0.9 - all limks show as red. I read the solution and have question regarding the caveat about the re-init of the ANI database saying it "erases" the database.... what is the effect of that? Is it just a matter of doing rediscovery/data collection or are there further issues associated with the re-init? In other words, what do I have to be cognizant of if I do this? I have heard of no other solution to this issue so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When you reinitialize you Campus Manager database, you lose all topology and User Tracking data. This means that you will need to do a new Data Collection followed by a new User Tracking Acquisition once dmgtd restarts.

Ok - I tried this procedure and it worked like a charm! I did campus data collection after the re-init of ANI database and my topology maps are back to way they were before upgrade to CM 4.0.9

Appreciate the solution given from list members - I would never have come up with this on my own and it saved me alot of grief....

THANKS ALL!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: